Image Composite Editor 1.4.4
Add Your Review!
OS Support: Win7 x64, Win7 x32, WinVista, WinVista, WinXP
Hits: 638 Visitors
Date Added: 21 Jul 2010
Last Update: 26 May 2011
Microsoft image composite editor is a free image stitcher that may be the best on the market. Microsoft with many of its short comings has probably done this one right. If you are a photographer and like to take photos, this software will stitch your images together with little to no interaction by you and do it seemlessly. Microsoft Image Composite Editor (or ICE for short) will use multiple core processing for faster panoramic stitching. No matter if you photograph your image from left to right, right to left, from top to bottom, or bottom to top this will complete the task for you.
ICE will maintain the original picture's quality if you so choose leaving you with a image that is able to be enlarged. This high resolution panorama image stitcher "can be shared with friends and viewed in 3D by uploading it to the Photosynth web site. Or the panorama can be saved in a wide variety of image formats, from common formats like JPEG and TIFF to the multi-resolution tiled format used by Silverlight's Deep zoom and by the HD View and HD View SL panorama viewers."
- State-of-the-art stitching engine.
- Automatic exposure blending.
- Choice of planar, cylindrical, or spherical projection.
- Orientation tool for adjusting panorama rotation.
- Automatic cropping to maximum image area.
- Native support for 64-bit operating systems.
- Wide range of output formats, including JPEG, TIFF, BMP, PNG, HD Photo, and Silverlight Deep Zoom.
There is no official email support but only through the forum.
New features in version 1.4.3
* Stitch directly from a video (only on Windows 7)
* Automatic lens vignette removal
* Improved blending engine
* Options dialog to control memory usage and scratch disk locations
Available Translations: None